Shannon Aero is best in class because we know aircraft inside-out, nose to tail, wing tip to wing tip, on the ramp, in the shop, and 12,000 meters in the sky!
Airline & lessor climate crisis decisions making guide.
Modify to freighters, Exec
Emissions problem unresolved. Ground fleet. Creates a market glut, opens market to airline startups. Costly +/- $15M per A/C. Aircraft stagmatized in the investment institution sector. OEMs withdraw, Distuptive new design startups, loss of pax confidence. Loss of CSG support
Fleet Stagmatized Stranded assets Brown Assets Brown bank financing
Wasted assets fill airports. Entrepreneurs offer engine retrofit kits to significantly reduce emissions.
OEM(s) exit the market. Engine Supplier(s) exit the market. Airlines exit the market or downsize MRO reconfigure aircraft for non-commercial use.
Modify the gas turbine engine powerplant. CFM56, CF6, Trent, PW100, CF34
Upgrade as life cycle limiter is reached over 10-20 years.
Operating costs rise dramatically due to mixed & ageing fleet. Market opposition, airlines cannot fund.
Buy sustainable fleets
Replace powerplant & airframes. Only one geared propulsion system in commercial service today - on the drawing board.
SAF (from Biomass/biofuel, electric/battery, green hydrogen, hybrid). Upscaling production issues. SAF Price vs. fossil fuel price. May not meet a range of deadlines. High replacement technology risk. Safety concerns from the travelling public & regulators.
Negative emissions trade off
Mitigate CO2e liability with negative emissions tecnologies
Bury CO2e in the Earth. Opposed by CSGs & investment institutions. Ground storage is a political & Leakage risk.
Phase out current production Copyright. All rights reserved. For use refer souce as Shannon Aero, Shannon Airline Services International Inc. (SASI).
Type certificate new CO2e emissions compliant aircraft
Development cost $30Bn(large aircraft) per new type/model. Engines? Key OEMs, suppliers, MROs may withdraw. New financing to be developed with Green Bank taking the financial risk.
Climate change information briefings.
- Every organization has choices to make. If the information you need on climate change is not ready to hand, to make critical decisions in the ten areas below, Shannon Aero may fill some of these gaps for you:
- 1. Economic analysis.
- 2. Technical analysis.
- 3. Regulatory support.
- 4. Research and report writing.
- 5. Expert witness services.
- 6. Policy analysis and development.
- 7. Economic, multi-sector, and propulsion system modeling.
- 8. Representation in voting and stakeholder committees.
- 9. Facilitation and trainings.
- 10. Development of analytical and decarbonization tools.
- Many of our clients seek our experience and expertise to help them participate effectively in planning, regulatory, and litigated cases, and other forums for public involvement and corporate decision making.
- We target our services at public utility commissions including public and private airport facilities in U.S. States and Canada, offices of consumer advocates, attorneys general, environmental organizations, foundations, governmental associations, public interest groups, and federal clients such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Justice.